Cherokee National Forest Vacation




I'm finally posting our fishing and hiking vacation picks from the weekend of September 7th and 8th.
Above is Bald River Falls, near where we camped on the Tellico River in Tennesee's Cherokee National Forest. 



A view from the Cherohala Skyway, a 40 mile highway leading over the mountains from Tellico Plains, TN to Robbinsville, NC. The views are spectacular, and motorcycle enthusiasts love the many curves.



Scott fished all day, every day on the Tellico River.



I hiked all day, every day in the woods.


I took a million photos of tree trunks. I have started a tree trunk blog. More info later.


My favorite woods I've ever hiked in is the Joyce Kilmer Wilderness. It's never been logged and has 400 year old trees. It's like a fairytale forest. 



Another view from the Skyway.


I took a 3 mile hike around Indian Boundary Lake.


Our motel (nicknamed The Deliverance Hotel) sat right along the Tellico River. If the room weren't so stinky we would have enjoyed the river smells a lot more. We were in the room very little, so we didn't mind terribly. There are few accommodations back in this country.


Comments

  1. I'm amazed, I have to say. Actually barely ever do I experience a site that's both educative and entertaining, and permit me notify you, you may well have hit the nail on the head. Your notion is excellent the problem is anything that not adequate folks are talking intelligently about. I am extremely joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my find for something referring to this.
    motel in ia
    motels in cherokee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creek Village Painting

Featured Artist at the ALCC: Chris Gryder